Tuesday 10 June 2014

A different experience of the Mass

Thank you for being so understanding while the new carpet was being laid and we had our weekday Masses in the Sacred Heart Chapel. I have had some interesting, and generally positive, feedback from those who experienced the different environment. It was, I think, the first time I had celebrated Mass facing the same direction as the people in my sixteen years of priesthood. I thought it would be very strange, but it felt more comfortable than I expected.
A parishioner who was there last week sent me this link. Some of what this American priest says rings true to my own experience of last week. I have no plans to change the usual way we celebrate Mass. However, I am glad that what happened through necessity seems to have been a source of grace for a number of people, including your priest.