Thursday 1 February 2018

Newsletter for 3/4 February - Sunday 5(B)

Click here to read the latest newsletter.

This year the Solemnity of Our Lady of Lourdes will be a very special day for us as we welcome our Bishop and celebrate one hundred years of our Church building at Ashby. It would be good if we prepared for this as a community by making the Novena to Our Lady of Lourdes, which starts on Friday, 2nd February. You may like to us this prayer each day:


O ever Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick, Refuge of Sinners, Comfort to the Afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings. Deign to cast upon me a look of mercy.
By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it  a privileged sanctuary, whence you dispense your favours; and already many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal.
I come, therefore, with the most unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain, O loving Mother, the granting of my requests.
Through gratitude for favours, I will endeavour to imitate your virtues that I may one day share your glory.


Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us. Amen.
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.


If you prefer to have new prayers for each day of the Novena, you can find suitable material here.