Tuesday 3 March 2015

Parishioner in London Marathon seeks sponsorship

This time I, Edward Quinn, am running the London Marathon for Coping with Cancer in Leicestershire and Rutland. I have had a little practice running over the last 5 years.  Now after 21 Half Marathons and the at age of 67, I thought I should step up to the Marathon, the real challenge of running, endurance and willpower. The training alone is daunting, but you have to go through the "pain" to stand any chance of achieving the goal. BUT, it is worth it to help raise awareness of Coping with Cancer and raise funds that help those affected by cancer.  As some of you may know I finished my first marathon, but just a little worse for wear.

Coping with Cancer is a local charity that offers support to anyone, and all their family, affected by cancer. Coping with Cancer offers personal support just when you need it: from a friendly chat and complementary therapies to legal and financial advice.
It’s FREE and is there For as LONG as You Need IT!
Every year Coping with Cancer helps hundreds of families in our two counties from their headquarters in Leicester, outreach centres and individuals' own homes.

This work is funded by voluntary donations so please help.

To sponsor me go to
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/EDQUINN

 OR
 You and your friends can donate using the attached sponsorship form.