Friday 4 November 2016

Invitation from Bishop Patrick

As  the  Year of Mercy comes to a close on Christ the King Sunday, I would like to invite all young adults to the Closing Mass at Our Cathedral. I hope that there will be students from all of the universities throughout the diocese, and young adults from as many parishes as possible. So I ask you to be particularly generous in inviting other young adults to travel with you.

I would like the opportunity to meet with you, to spend some time with you and to listen to what you would like to see happen for young adults in our diocese. So please do come along and join me for as little or as much as you are able to. The schedule is as follows:

4pm Cathedral Hall for tea, cake, some presentations from young people and some workshops on how we can build on the legacy for the Year of Mercy.

530pm Moving over to the Cathedral to prepare for Mass

6pm Closing Mass for the Year of Mercy

After Mass, you are again invited to the Cathedral Hall for light refreshments.

I look forward to meeting you, and I would like to thank you for being an active member of your parish or chaplaincy community.

Bishop Patrick